Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last Concept Blog #3


    The Painters of the realism movement of the mid-19th centuries Ideas about the Realism art were to discard theatrical drama, lofty subjects and classical forms of art in favor of commonplace themes, and to form pieces of art that speek in the third person objective reality. Realists render everyday characters, situations, dilemmas, and objects, all in a “true-to-life” manner. Artist of realists work wanted you to be able to put yourself into the shoes of the person in the painting and more of a real level. Realist painting has continued to come about in modern times also. In todays times you can find pieces of work that are like this. They are clear paintings that look real. That give you the opportunity to think what you will about the painting and put your own life adventures into them.

     Just as the words realists visual arts imply, artist wanted their work to look real and to speek to people on more of a real personal level. Realism sets as a goal not to imitating past artistic achievements but the truthful and accurate depiction of the models that nature and contemporary life offer to the artist. Allan R. Banks is a very talented realist painter. For me personally just by looking at many of his pieces I find peace and calmness. Both of his paintings, Children with Lop-eared Rabbit and Turning Leaves both spoke to me. When I look at the one with the two children I see happiness between them both. I see innocence. They are together because of a peaceful rabbit. And when I look at the other one of the little girl called Turning Leaves, it also gives me this calmness feeling. You just see the innocence of the little girl and how she doesn't look sad or happy. She is just at peace with the world and herself. When looking at this painting I put myself in the shoes of the child. I remembered by child hood and how at that time I was the same way. When life was easy and peaceful all the time.

     Lot of the paintings that portray realists views, tend to not have huge titles. They have general titles so that it gives the viewer the option to think and feel what is really going on in the picture. Starr Abbott is another realists panter. One of her pieces really speaks to me. Its called “A Summer Romance”. As the title implies it's about a summer romance. But say you didn't know what the title was, would you still be able to see and feel that it was about true love? Many times in todays society people don't take the time to sit down and look at art. But with pieces of work like this one, by Starr, you can instantly feel the love of the two people in this painting. As a viewer you put yourself in the painting weither you are a male of female you can put yourself into it and feel something. I felt the happiness that they were feeling. It made me think about my past relationships and how I felt through them. It brought emotions to me of happiness and joy. It helped me to remember all the good times I used to have.

    It's a strange feeling when all you have to do is look at a painting and feel emotions start to come to the surface. When I look at realists work, I feel those emotions. I feel emotions of happiness, sadness, peacefulness, calmness. It brings all those things to the surface for me because they are so real, and they are so catching to the eye. Thats exactly what those artest wanted. Is for people to bring those emotions out of people.